Where are we located?
We are located just south of Barubbra Island and east of Flying Fox Island and Port Bundaberg in the relaxing town of Burnett Heads. The property is located between Gorman Park and Pilot Station Reserve and is only a 3 minute walk to the ocean. The address of the property is 8 Lighthouse St, Burnett Heads, Queensland and is shown below on Google Maps.
Are pets allowed?
Pets are most welcome, but their messes are not! Please bring your scoop and bag and bin it. A cleaning charge of $50 may be applied, and deducted from the security bond if necessary.
Unless otherwise arranged, please keep your pet outside or in the laundry area.
What can I do around Burnett Heads?
- Watch turtles at Oaks Beach and Mon Repos (Nov-March)- no dogs allowed
- Swim in the rockpool and beach at the left of the lighthouse – the rock pool is very safe as is the beach, though unpatrolled
- Walk the coastal turtle path to Mon Repos and Bargara
- Walk along the harbour to shops (supermarket, chemist, hair, bakery, takeway, newsagency and PO), pub and club
- Excellent fishing and boating – boat ramp at Marina
- Walk to the Port and its marina, restaurant and seafood
- Skatebowl , playground equipment at nearby parklands
- Walk the dog unleashed along the Edna Strubb walkway (right at the lighthouse). Dogs are allowed on the private beach at the Lighthouse.
- Short drive to trendy Bargara and beautiful Elliott Heads.
- Only 17 kms to Bundaberg and its all of its attractions-do visit the excellent Tourist Information Centre at the bridge in Bundy
- Discover the coral pools along the rocky coastline
- Bring along your bicycles – the terrain is flat and fun
- Watch the wind surfing at Elliott Heads
- Have a round of golf at popular Bargara Golf Course
- Swim at the patrolled Oaks beach (no dogs allowed)
- Snorkel and dive at Innes Park ( Barolin Rocks)
- Feed the fish at Bargar Basin (south of Kelly’s beach)
- Eat fish and chips on the beach at sunset
- Dine out in Bargara